On Thursday 14 May New Zealand moves to Alert Level 2 and we need to update our patients on how this may change the way we see you.
As in Levels 4 and 3 we are open for business and want you to contact us when you need to. We ask however that you contact us via telephone on (07) 347 0000.
Most services will be up and running with a few exceptions:
- 50% of appointments with the doctor will still be virtual/remote (by telephone or video)
- Face to face visits will be arranged by the doctor after a telephone assessment
- Driving medicals are still on hold – NZTA is honouring a 6 month grace period from the start of the lockdown (March). For further updates check the NZTA site www.nzta.govt.nz
- In order to keep our patients and staff safe, we will limit the number of people in our waiting rooms and observe safe distancing
- Our Drop in Clinic/Urgent Care will run Mon to Fri between 9am – 11.00am at Fairy Springs Medical Centre and between 9.00am – 11.00am and 2.00pm – 4.00pm at Central Health. Please telephone us on 07 347 000 and let us know what the problem is and the duty doctor will call you back to assess
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 – cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, loss of smell or fever and you are feeling unwell, please alert the reception staff when you call us on (07) 347 0000. You should remain isolated at home until you receive a phone call from us or if we are not available, call 111.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 but are still well then please DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC but call the Covid line (Free) on 0800 267 847.
So far we have all done incredibly well to stop the spread of Covid-19 in New Zealand but the battle is not yet won. Covid-19 may be with us for some considerable time so please maintain physical distancing and hand hygiene.
PLEASE KEEP CHECKING OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER UPDATES