Achieve Workplace Health
Achieve Workplace Health
Achieve Workplace Health provides specialist occupational medicine and occupational health nursing services. We can assist your work place to meet all legal obligations under relevant workplace related Acts, and to keep your workers safe and healthy.
Team members include:
Dr Ben Cheesman
Specialist Occupational and Environmental Physician
MB ChB MRCGP DFFP M Health Sc (Occ Med) FAFOEM (RACP)
Dr Cheesman is a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Occupational and Environmental Medicine of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. He provides opinion on fitness for work, rehabilitation after injury or illness. He has experience in working with a broad range of industries including oil and gas, pulp and paper manufacture, service industries and rail. He also undertakes medicolegal assessments and holds contracts to undertake ACC assessments to assess fitness for work and for impairment assessment using the AMA 4 Guides to Permanent Impairment.
Raewyn Simpson | Occupational Health Nurse
RN(Comp) PG Dip Occ Health (Otago)
Member of NZOHN Association
each have experience working successfully with local, national and international businesses. We are able to help your organisation or business with workplace practices, improved employee health, reduced absenteeism, reduced injury rates, and rapid return to work for employees.
We listen to your needs and tailor our services to be relevant and cost effective.
Our range of services include:
- Pre-employment Medical Assessments
- ACC Medical Assessments including Impairment Assessment, Initial Medical Assessment and Vocational Independence Medical Assessments.
- Immigration Medicals – we are a provider of immigration examinations for Immigration New Zealand
- Maritime Medicals
- Rail Medicals
- Fitness for duty assessment
- Post Employment Medical Assessment
- Annual Health monitoring, including hearing,vision, and lung function
- Noise Management Programmes / Hearing Conservation
- Attendance Management Systems
- Specific Medicals including Oil and Gas UK (Accredited), Driving, Commercial Diving
- Well Worker Checks
- Travel Health Services and Vaccination (including Flu)
- Asbestos Medicals
- Medicolegal Assessments
- Ergonomic Work Station Assessments
- Injury Prevention Consultancy and Training
- Health and Safety Consultancy
- Drug and Alcohol screening
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- Seminars and Workshops on a range of topics including:
o Manual Handling
o Back Care
o Musculoskeletal (OOS)
o Stress and Fatigue Management
o Ergonomics in the Workplace
o Health and Safety in the Workplace
o Health Monitoring
We are an Approved collection agency compliant to AS/NZ4308:2008.
Raewyn Simpson, Sheryl Rumbal, Katrina Bott and Shayra Antolin are all approved collectors and are all NZQA accredited.
We can provide alcohol breath testing and instant and laboratory drug testing which meet the AS/NZ 4308:2008 standard of compliance.
Call us on 07 347 0000
The new Health and Safety at Work Act came into force on 4 April 2016
The detailed regulations are now available on: